Friday, March 22, 2013

Story Time: A Vintage Romance.....

Preface:  In grade school, one of my teachers had her students set in a circle. She would start a story with a sentence or two, and then the child to her right would add a little bit more to the story. We didn’t know how the story would end, because each child would add a little bit of a twist that would either keep the story in the same line, or change it all together....Well this story is brought to you courtesy of some very creative members from TeamLove!  Enjoy!




thejewelseeker

 
As she walked down the dark path, reviewing the events of the past few week, Marty realized that it was time for her to choose a different direction for her life.



prettysnazzy



This path is so dark. If only I had something to brighten my way.


ThatsSoRetro
 ...that's it! Yes! A change of environment....maybe a get-away to a tropical island would brighten my life up! It's just the kind of change I need right now!
bohemiantrading


So I packed my bags, and hopped a flight to Bermuda. Before anything else, I had to swim in the tropical waters. And look what I found...!


TheFashionDen


I was so thrilled with my discovery because it was not only lovely, but it reminded me of my great aunt. I always wear a locket with her picture in it, and I stopped briefly to open the locket and gaze at her photo.
serendipitytreasure
In the locket her photo she was wearing her beautiful pearl earrings .

4dollsintime                                                                                            


                                 They had been a present from her sweetheart, John.



TheGildedSwan  


 John was such a handsome man, always dressed to perfection with a suit and tie.





VintagObsessions
ChickClassique 
Suddenly,,I looked at my watch again and realized that I was late for my flight that was leaving from Miami. 

"Oh, hurry, hurry, gal" I put on my shoes and grabbed my luggage -



LakeBreezes
BUT not until I put on my favorite necklace before I get to the airport...

YourVintageDesires



The flower's aroma in Miami filled the air. This is going to be a beautiful day!




BrightgemsTreasures  



Spring flowers always brighten my day no matter where I am off too.





HeirloomBandB


No matter how far I travel Florida will always be my home with its pearly sand beaches and the beautiful blue ocean.





PetitChatVintage
 The sun was shining and the waves were rolling as I stood on the beach wearing my favorite summer dress. It was time to truly relax!

SpruceCove


 I was hoping Sam's flight arrived on time so we could meet for dinner. Would our luck hold? 






 I'm here waiting for you Sam!  
  
divelegant
 
...still waiting my love.....let not another day tarry!!!!!



OurBoudoir
  And look what Sam had in mind all along!!  Tears of joy welled up in my eyes and I realized I need to excuse myself and go powder my nose. 

bohemiantrading


 I was so overcome by his proposal, I needed a hanky from my purse.






MyBonnyMonAbri
We had tea and cakes on a wonderful plate.   Tears of joy welled up in my eyes and I realized I need to excuse myself and go powder my nose. 

VintageTreasures4U


As I was leaving the powder room, I looked down and saw this necklace wedged behind the door. Who could have lost it I wondered? 

avintagejewel




 I realized I left my compact on the counter and turned around to retrieve it, when I noticed Maggie coming towards me. 


KathysVintageJewels2




 I was stunned when I saw Maggie, seeing that she was dressed for an elegant event and she had tears in her eyes.


modernmatters
   "I've twisted my ankle... When I saw Sam pull out that sapphire ring that should have been for me, I tried running over to stop him... My heel broke along with my heart..."



AMagnificentMess







Her Venetian Grand Parure looked magnificent with the deep black velvet of her vintage gown. I rushed to her and asked, "  



EarlyBirdJewels


I needed something bright and colorful around my wrist to match my new spring dress. 



flashbackintime


 
 “Stop the frivolity!” I shrieked with alarm. George has joined the service. All I have left is his engraved lighter. 

dianadivine



 I didn't want a lighter. I'd rather have a dog that dances the hula. 


JewelsAndMyGirls3



Oh, that reminds me, look at the wonderful necklace I found for the dance!

SeeingEyeToEye
Then I realized I'd left my new fiance, my one true love, alone at the table!

blisstiques
But then the realization hit me. I stopped dead in my tracks. a tear slowly glistened down my cheek as I remembered all of the stories of him catting around with any available, beautiful woman...

OodlesofBling  


 I have to decide... we'll be together again any second now... ignore his tomcat ways and grab the swag, or.....?





Buy my own swag...

KatiesBling
GotMilkGlassAndMore
 Suddenly, I was jolted back to reality. There was no swag to be had. George was indeed in the Army, my beloved Sam was waiting at the table with a beautiful ring meant for me, and my best friend, Maggie, was sobbing in my arms.

Maggie continued to cry, leaving me to stare over her shoulder at Sam who was looking so handsome, his vintage cufflinks shimmering in the light.


BreesVintageRevivals
"Maggie, please tell me what's wrong," I begged. 



Maggie replied, "My date has stood me up for the ballroom gala this evening. What will I do? I spent weeks hunting for the perfect vintage dress..."


DeannesVintage




                 Maggie continued, "I actually bought two dresses...."  



"And I bought..."

TheGildedSwan




 And I bought these sparkling rhinestone brooches...



bctreasuretrove

 ...to go with my glitz and glam cocktail ring!




SpruceCove


Just then, Maggie's date reappeared. It turns out he hadn't stood her up but instead had run out to his car to grab her gift. I handed Maggie my handkerchief, left her with her date, and walked towards Sam, a huge smile on my face.



The End.

 This story was brought to you by the AWESOME members of  Love Of Vintage - Etsy Team (TeamLove).


6 comments :

  1. Very, very clever..and very, very fun...Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too fun! The Model got this one too, and I shared and promoted as well! Thank you so much! Love this TEAM!!!! Your all the BEST! Your ALL worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most enjoyable exercise as a team ever. Let's continue with a new theme. I do not know what was better the writing or the reading. So, she wanted a poodle with a hoola hoop more than an engraved lighter? I am still laughing.

    ReplyDelete